Customer Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 All Electrical installation work will comply with BS7671:2018 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- 1.2 All Electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- 1.3 Electrical Installation and Minor Works certificates and Building Regulations notifications issued by Elextric Electrical Services cover only those works installed by Elextric Electrical Services.
- 1.4 Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume existing circuits are safe and in adequate condition. Any works required to bring these circuits up to standard will be at additional cost.
- 1.5 No addition or alteration will be carried out to rubber insulated (VIR) cables,where carpet or floor coverings require lifting, best endeavours will be made to avoid damage and to refit to an acceptable standard. However, employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- 1.6 Unless agreed before hand, chases to walls, etc will be left un-filled. Final finishing of skim coat plaster and final decoration is excluded.
- 1.7 Elextric Electrical Services will endeavour to undertake installation work to a clean standard. However, some additional vacuuming and cleaning down of surfaces should be expected afterwards. Any equipment susceptible to damage from dust (eg video or computer equipment) must be removed from the work area prior to Elextric Electrical Services’s arrival.
- 1.8 Where alarms circuits will be disconnected or powered down (for example removal work or inspection work), the customer (or representative of the customer) will need to be present in order to reset the alarm. If the code is not known (or unsuccessful) then any additional disconnection required will be carried out at extra cost unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
2. New Consumer Units:
- 2.1 Installation of new consumer units (fuse board) is subject to the whole installation being tested to ensure it is safe to be connected to a new consumer unit. This is a legal requirement under Part P Building Regulations.
- 2.2 Any faults found during the above testing which are deemed unsafe, must be rectified prior to that circuit being reconnected to any new consumer unit. Any costs for such work are not included. Such issues will be brought to the clients attention as soon as is practical during works.
- 2.3 In particular it may be necessary to install new main services bonding to water, gas or oil supplies. This is especially common on properties built during or prior to the early 1970s and again these are at additional cost unless agreed otherwise beforehand.
- 2.4 Where there is no means of isolating the meter tails (i.e. the cables that connect between the Electricity Suppliers and the Fuseboard or Distribution Board), then the customer must arrange with their supplier to have an isolator fitted. This can take up to 2 weeks and may incur an additional cost from the electricity supplier. Work that involves an isolator to be fitted will only be booked in once the customer can prove a fitting date has been confirmed by their electricity supplier). In the event of the electricity supplier not turning up (or postponing) that date – then any cancellation or postponement charges (See below) will be applied.
- 3.1 Whilst we try to be as helpful as possible and will generally do some limited moving to create access, the clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included within the quote.
- 3.2 Whilst Elextric Electrical Services will try and ensure that Electrical items are plugged back in and in working order before we leave the premises, we will not be held responsible for any losses due to any Electrical item not being plugged back in and / or switched on.
- 3.3 Elextric Electrical Services will remove from site and dispose of rubble, materials, general waste and packaging as part of the service. However it is your responsibility to let us know in advance if anything is not to be removed (such as old light fittings, Fuseboards, switches, etc). Elextric Electrical Services may, at their discretion, remove old fittings and wiring for responsible disposal as per our environmental policy.
- 3.4 Any key collection/return must be mentioned and arranged at the time of quoting, as any unexpected key collections (without exception) will incur a £15 pickup/drop-off charge, plus any parking charges (or other) incurred.
- 3.5 We will endeavour to arrive at the stated time, however this time is an estimate only (especially where other jobs are carried out that day, or where travel delays, parts delivery/collection, third-party or other delays may be expected) and therefore the customer should make provisions for Elextric Electrical Services arriving earlier or later than the specified time. Similarly the customer shall accept that the finishing time is also an estimate and that Elextric Electrical Services shall not be responsible for any inconvenience caused by an earlier or later than expected finish time.
- 3.6 Usually the person who quoted the work would be the person carrying out the work. However, Elextric Electrical Services reserve the right to send a different qualified and experienced/competent replacement staff member (or subcontractor) should this be neccessary (for example absence or other such unavailability).
- 4.1 Estimated costs assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with the client.
- 4.2 Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between 07:00hrs – 19:00hrs Monday to Saturday inclusive. Work required by the client outside these hours may attract premium rates although we will warn you if this applies. If you are unsure, it is your responsibility to check with us first before agreeing to carry out the work.
- 4.3 Additional work not covered in stated costs will attract an additional charge plus materials.
- 4.4 Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date of the quote.
- 4.5 ALL visits have a minimum job fee of £90 (Unless we explicitly state otherwise). So for example, if work is split into smaller visits and that item quote was less than £90, then the minimum charge for that visit will be £90. Therefore we encourage multiple low-cost jobs to be done on the same visit. Please ask if you are not certain how this might affect your specific quote.
5. Risk and Title of Goods:
- 5.1 The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- 5.2 All goods supplied shall remain the property of Elextric Electrical Services until all sums due have been paid in full.
- 6.1 Elextric Electrical Services warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from the invoice date. Cover does not extend to goods supplied by others, physical damage, wilful misuse or instances where the installation has been altered or tampered with by third parties. The warranty also excludes fair wear and tear, and also lamps, fuses, batteries or other such consumable items. This does not affect your rights to seek remedy under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- 6.2 Where projects involve works by third party trades, any damage to the Electrical installation by third parties shall remain the responsibility of the Client. Any rectification costs must be paid by the Client prior to commencement of second fix. Recovery of such costs from any third party shall be the Clients responsibility.
- 7.1 Unless agreed in writing, the maximum credit limit will be £500 per customer. Therefore all work over £500 will require a deposit as shown on your quote, payable at the time of confirming the booking. If this figure is not quoted, then the default deposit will be 30%. In addition (where work is more than one day of work) daily payments will be required to pay the fully completed individual items, as specified by each line item of the quote. NOTE that the customer is the person/company who booked the work with Elextric Electrical Services, and not any customer of that person/company. As an example, in the case of a property company ordering work for their customers, the credit limit (and all other terms and conditions) will be applicable to that property company, and not their individual customers where the work is being completed.
- 7.2 Any additional parts ordered, obtained or collected by Elextric Electrical Services on behalf of the customer shall either be paid in advance to the supplier by the customer, or shall otherwise be paid in full (as an additional deposit to that mentioned in 7 A, above) at the time of booking by the customer.
- 7.3 The customer shall make aware to Elextric Electrical Services, to the best of their knowledge, any additional services, safety or training requirements (or other) that are not classed as parts or labour (some examples being accommodation, fuel charges, travelling allowances, parking fees, skip hire, scaffolding, site safety requirements, time required for induction training and documentation provisions, powered or unpowered access equipment and more) that are likely to be required as part of carrying out the work. NOTE that the customer must pay these known costs as a deposit at the time of booking, if they are to be provided and organised by Elextric Electrical Services. Otherwise these services should be provided and organised by the customer (and will be their responsibility), where failure to do so will incur any cancellation, postponement or other fees as applicable.
- 7.4 Unless agreed in writing, payment in full should be made on completion of the specified works, to Elextric Electrical Services.
- 7.5 Where projects involve separate first and second fix works, part payment may be due on completion of first fix (see quote for more details)
- 7.6 Payment is accepted by electronic payment or card (debit or credit)
- 7.7 In the event of any non payment Elextric Electrical Services reserve the right to withhold any certificates for work carried out until such payments are made.
- 7.8 Late payments will be passed on to a debt collection company. If this occurs then you will also be liable to pay interest charges, plus the debt collection companies charges and any legal fees incurred (for example solicitors letters and courts fees)
- 7.9 Elextric Electrical Services will use credit checks for new customers, and may repeat the checks before any repeat work
- 7.10 In the case of a bad credit check result or where you have a late payment history with us previously, Elextric Electrical Services reserve the right to require a full payment upfront before any work can be booked in. This would be instead of the standard payment terms mentioned above.
- 7.11 We reserve the right to stop or postpone work if payment is not made on time and credit limit is exceeded. This also includes cancellation or postponement if a deposit is not paid and cleared into our account in time.
- 8.1 Any work cancelled or postponed with less than 2 full working days notice (excludes bank holidays, public holidays and weekends), will incur a £50 cancellation fee. In addition any restocking fees passed on to us from our suppliers will be charged to you. If the work includes any parts are not refundable by our suppliers (for any reason whatsoever – for example custom parts, or those that are excluded in the suppliers returns policy) then this price too will be charged to you. These charges must be paid upon informing us of the cancellation or postponement. NOTE that arriving at a job where nobody is present at the specified time, will also be classed as a cancellation.
- 8.2 Postponement shall mean any delay of more than half an hour. This not only applies to delays caused by no access to property (regardless of the reason), but also any delays caused by either the customer or any third parties, present or not (such as other work being carried out by third parties, or interruptions of any kind). This also includes any third party work carried out in between the time of quoting and carrying out the work, which causes additional delay.
- 8.3 Where work has to be postponed due to customer supplied parts not being suitable for the intended use, or not physically able to be installed, then this too shall be classed as a postponement. Therefore the customer shall ensure that all necessary precautions are taken to prevent this, as they will be responsible for this.
- 8.4 Any key collections/returns (arranged or unexpected) shall be the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the third party holding the keys will be available at the time of both collections and returning. In the case of not being able to get keys (or return them) at the expected times, this will be classed as a delay or cancellation as appropriate, and the necessary charges shall apply. Similarly the customer shall be liable for any change in availability by the keyholder(s) and shall be responsible for notifying Elextric Electrical Services of any such changes.
- 8.5 If a deposit has been paid upon booking, then we reserve the right to take the cancellation fee from this
9. Addition Requirements, Extra Work Needed:
- 9.1 If any additional work is requested by you, or found to be necessary by us, then it may not usually be possible to complete this work on the day of the appointment (as we generally will have other customers to go to). For this reason, additional work will be separately quoted for, and treated as a separate job, and therefore completed at the next convenient date. Because this is additional work, then this will not exclude you from the payment terms, nor exclude you from the cancellation or postponement terms.
10. Agreement with these Terms and Conditions
- 10.1 Booking an appointment with Elextric Electrical Services shall mean that a. You agree with the price and details on www.elextric.co.uk that you received and You agree to these terms and conditions. The link to these terms and conditions will be clearly mentioned on the covering letter or email which your quote is attached. In the event that the quote and booking was carried out verbally (for example over the phone, usually applying to last minute jobs carried out the same day), then these terms and conditions will also apply. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time, and therefore it is recommended that you print out a copy of these terms and conditions as proof of what was applicable at the time of booking your appointment.
- 10.1 As these Terms and Conditions will change from time to time, the version that you agree with shall be that valid on the day that the work commences, and not that date of your quote (as the date of booking is usually a date later than that of the quote).
- 11.1 Any issues should be raised as soon as possible so that we can have a fair chance of resolving it. For anything where you feel a technical complaint should be made, ask for out complaints procedure, which is in line with STROMA requirements.
By Elextric Electrical Services 18/12/2016